Friday, October 28, 2005

Exxon Profits WAAAAAY up...


Can someone please explain to me why the war in Iraq has nothing to do with oil... when ALL of the oil companies are enjoying HUGE profits... the military camps during the invasion of Iraq were each named after different U.S. oil companies... and the most of the Bush regime came from the oil sector... and some of the closest pals of the Bush family are Saudi oil men?

I guess I'm just an ignorant liberal weenie who's just a few eggs short of a crate... but for some reason none of the neo-"con" story has ever computed for me. Can someone please enlighten this poor wayward lib?


Oh! Above is a cellphone snap of the giant cup of coffee I drank this morning at Seatle's best. ;-)

3 comments:

Bravo 2-1 said...

Were the camps really named that?

You've got a great blog, btw.

skiphunt said...

Thanks!

Yes, they were. I'm not sure if they were "official" names, or nicknames given by the soldiers. I've read it both ways.

Also, the invasion was called "Operation Iraqi Freedom". Originally they were going to call it "Operation Iraqi Liberation..." Until some genius realized the first letters spelled. OIL.

skiphunt said...

lone pawn.. you make a reasonable case. I didn't think it was ALL about the oil.. but I believe the Bush administration needed the support of the largest conglomerates who'd stand to gain from war, unstable fuel markets, destruction, and rebuilding.

Many of the potentially interested conglomerates also lay down the law on the general messaging we see via all media, so I think the oil was more of a fringe benefit to get support for the whole invasion package.

What I don't get is why the botched it all up? Most of these guys go all the way back to the Reagan era. And, they got plenty of practice in under Bush senior. Even had a trial run with "Desert Storm".

Do you really think they didn't know what they were doing before they got into it? So, if the answer is yes.. did they possibly botch it on purpose in order to have MANY years of destruction that WE are paying them to do via our taxes.. and then double charging us for the reconstruction of what we already paid them to destroy? Sounds like a pretty sweet racket to me. Maybe the "oil" argument is just a smokescreen for something even MORE sinsister.


Thanks for the comments, I think you're like the second person to comment on any of my blogs. Mostly just the ad spammers. ;-)