Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Is Dark Chocolate Psychoactive?

I'm not sure if I read this somewhere, or just decided to try it out on my own, but for some unexplained reason I've found that if I eat near pure chocolate or cacao right before I go to bed... I'm assured to have very vivid dreams. 

Maybe it's just my imagination? Or my particular brain chemistry? I don't know for sure but it seems to be fairly consistent. The darker the chocolate the better. Lately been using 90% Cacao which is almost inedible (tastes like dirt with a hint of choco) but it seems to produce the most vivid and consistent results. 

The night before last I had a vivid dream about sailing through space on some old wooden schooner with some other people I didn't know and we landed onto some asteroid or comet with the ship stuck in some thick grey dust as we continued to sail through space at high speed. We all sort of froze into salt figures on the boat, but there didn't seem to be any fear at all. We just kept stoically sailing along as statues made of some odd salty comet dust. 

It was really a strange dream and very vivid... in a good way. ;-)


Posted via email from skiphunt's posterous

No comments: